Commercial, Energy Efficiency - December 1, 2017
Health club chain overhauls RTU portfolio
Health club company Life Time, which holds more than 127 locations across 27 states, recently completed an overhaul of its rooftop air handling units resulting in nearly 25% energy savings over the past four years.
The majority of the Life Time's resort-like health clubs are now using high-efficiency units with cutting-edge control technology, according to a report from U.S. DOE's Better Buildings initiative. The company joined the Better Buildings Advanced RTU Campaign in 2016, and was recently awarded by the program for implementing the highest percentage of high-efficiency upgrades to its RTU portfolio.
blog post from the DOE. The company also partnered with Lennox to perform biannual checkups at its locations, and has installed a Novar building automation system, which provides alerts on temperature and performance, offers a computerized maintenance management system to track maintenance.functionality and 200 energy recovery units, according to a Dec. 1
According to the DOE, Life Time replaced more than 1,000 RTUs and retrofitted another 1,800 with advanced controls in four years, amounting to 95% of its RTU inventory. In total, the overall is expected to yield savings of 21 million kWh.
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business