Commercial, Energy Efficiency - December 1, 2017
Health club chain overhauls RTU portfolio
Health club company Life Time, which holds more than 127 locations across 27 states, recently completed an overhaul of its rooftop air handling units resulting in nearly 25% energy savings over the past four years.
The majority of the Life Time's resort-like health clubs are now using high-efficiency units with cutting-edge control technology, according to a report from U.S. DOE's Better Buildings initiative. The company joined the Better Buildings Advanced RTU Campaign in 2016, and was recently awarded by the program for implementing the highest percentage of high-efficiency upgrades to its RTU portfolio.
blog post from the DOE. The company also partnered with Lennox to perform biannual checkups at its locations, and has installed a Novar building automation system, which provides alerts on temperature and performance, offers a computerized maintenance management system to track maintenance.functionality and 200 energy recovery units, according to a Dec. 1
According to the DOE, Life Time replaced more than 1,000 RTUs and retrofitted another 1,800 with advanced controls in four years, amounting to 95% of its RTU inventory. In total, the overall is expected to yield savings of 21 million kWh.
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Webinar replay: Trends in Community Solar w/an Update on Illinois
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Galvanize Landlord-Tenant Engagement and Higher Performing Buildings
- Optimizing Solar, Storage, and a Fuel Cell for a Brooklyn Apartment Complex
- Webinar replay: The Evolving State of the 3Ds: Digitization, Decentralization, and Decarbonization
- Webinar replay: Buyer aggregation - an emerging path for renewable energy purchasers