Commercial, Energy Efficiency - December 1, 2017
Health club chain overhauls RTU portfolio
Health club company Life Time, which holds more than 127 locations across 27 states, recently completed an overhaul of its rooftop air handling units resulting in nearly 25% energy savings over the past four years.
The majority of the Life Time's resort-like health clubs are now using high-efficiency units with cutting-edge control technology, according to a report from U.S. DOE's Better Buildings initiative. The company joined the Better Buildings Advanced RTU Campaign in 2016, and was recently awarded by the program for implementing the highest percentage of high-efficiency upgrades to its RTU portfolio.
blog post from the DOE. The company also partnered with Lennox to perform biannual checkups at its locations, and has installed a Novar building automation system, which provides alerts on temperature and performance, offers a computerized maintenance management system to track maintenance.functionality and 200 energy recovery units, according to a Dec. 1
According to the DOE, Life Time replaced more than 1,000 RTUs and retrofitted another 1,800 with advanced controls in four years, amounting to 95% of its RTU inventory. In total, the overall is expected to yield savings of 21 million kWh.
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset