Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - August 7, 2018
Tour Amazon's rooftop solar system
Amazon offered a tour of their fulfillment center in Tracy, California, which now features one of the largest rooftop solar systems in California.
The solar system, developed by EnterSolar, sits atop the facility's one-million square foot roof and will generate 3.8-megawatts of power from 11,700 solar panels.
Brittany Stanton, renewable energy program manager at Amazon, said, "This is the largest solar system on a rooftop in Tracy. I think that's an awesome win for Amazon and an awesome win for the environment. Our customers are really excited by it and that drives me at work."
Amazon has stated a goal to power all of its fulfillment centers with 100% renewable energy, as well as a goal to install 50 onsite solar systems by 2020.
- First-time corporate renewable energy buyers breathing down Google’s neck
- Amazon announces three new wind and solar projects
- Facebook, Google, AT&T claim top spots among 2019 corporate energy buyers
- Amazon signs solar power deal for new Va. headquarters
- U.S. companies had record year for clean energy contracts, BNEF finds