Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - August 30, 2018
Saleforce signs its largest PPA
Salesforce has signed a 15-year PPA for 80 megawatts produced from the Bright Stalk Wind Farm in McLean County, Ill. This PPA is Salesforce’s largest to date as it works towards a goal of 100% renewable energy.
"At Salesforce, we are committed to doing our part to step up to the challenge of climate change – the biggest, most important and most complex challenge humans have ever faced,” said Patrick Flynn, vice president of sustainability, Salesforce, in a statement from EDP Renewables, operator of the 205 MW Bright Stalk Wind Farm. “This agreement is a huge step toward our goal of powering our operations with 100 percent renewable energy by 2022, and we are excited to work with EDP Renewables on this urgent initiative."
The statement noted, "The location of the Bright Stalk Wind Farm is especially important as it is near Salesforce data centers, as well as a growing office hub." The wind farm is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2019.
"EDP Renewables is proud to partner with Salesforce to help in meeting its commendable commitment of powering its global operations exclusively by renewable energy sources," said João Manso Neto, EDP Renewables CEO. "This agreement is a major milestone for EDP Renewables and paves the way for our company to expand our presence as a wind industry leader in the state of Illinois."
Bright Stalk is EDP Renewables' third wind farm in McLean County which will total more than 600 MW of EDPR -owned and operated projects in the area.
- Salesforce inks 2 wind power deals in move toward 100% renewable energy
- Nonutility buyers comprised 37% of wind PPAs in Q1
- Wind farms supplying power to P&G, Salesforce, sold
- Using efficiency, clean energy, carbon credits, Salesforce reaches net zero GHG emissions
- Salesforce strives for 100% renewable energy
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart