Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - August 31, 2018
Amazon adds solar and Tesla storage in UK
Amazon will add 4.074 megawatts of rooftop solar to boost an existing system at its fulfillment center in Tilbury, England, The installation will also include a 3.77 megawatt Tesla battery.
A report by Clean Technica said the new system will feature 15,000 solar panels. The battery will contain 28 Tesla Powerpack storage units. The Tilbury center uses about 20 Gwh of electricity per year; the rooftop system is expected to meet almost 18% of that total with all electricity produced from the solar panels to be consumed onsite. The Tesla Powerpack batteries will be charged from the local grid and will primarily be used to decrease grid connection stress during periods of peak demand.
This follows Amazon's announcement last month that it is adding PV systems to three of its fulfillment centers in the UK, though no plans to add battery storage at these facilities has been specified by the company.
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart