Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Industrial - September 17, 2018
Salesforce, Diagio added to Dow Jones 2018 Sustainability Indices
Results of the annual Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) for 2018 have been announced, with Salesforce, Schlumberger LTD, and Diageo PLC named as the largest additions based on free-floating market capitalization. Samsung Electronics Co, Bayer AG, and Commonwealth Bank Australia are the largest deletions.
S&P Dow Jones partnered with investment specialist RobecoSAM to create the indices. A statement from S&P Dow Jones called the DJSI “first global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.” Results are based on RobecoSAM's analysis of financially material Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) factors and S&P DJI's index methodology.
RobecoSAM assesses the world's largest companies via its annual Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA), which uses a consistent, rules-based methodology to convert an average of 600 data points per company into one overall score. The statement explained, "As more companies dedicate themselves to sustainable business practices, the number of companies that want their efforts measured and assessed via the CSA continues to rise (+5% in 2018)." A record 993 companies participated in the CSA.
A report by Environmental Leader noted the following inclusions in the DJSI:
- Allianz Group ranked at the top among all rated insurance companies for the second year in a row.
- Mondelez International was named to both the North America and world indices with an overall score in the 92nd percentile for its sector.
- Campbell Soup Company has been included for the 10th consecutive year.
- Ingersoll Rand has been included for the eighth consecutive year.
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart
- State of Energy Management 2020 Report