Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - September 27, 2018
Hoteles City Express signs wind PPA
Hoteles City Express, S.A.B. de C.V. has signed a 10-year wind PPA. The agreement will supply energy for 95% of the portfolio of fully owned, co-owned, and leased hotels for the company.
In a statement, the company said, "In line with the sustainability strategy of the company, the energy supplied will be produced in Tamaulipas, México by wind turbines, being 100% clean and resulting in a neutralization of approximately 90% of the carbon footprint of the chain."
Hoteles City Express, headquartered in Mexico City, expects to generate savings of more than 25% of their energy expenses, which currently account for between 3.5% and 5.0% of hotel operation revenues for an established property. The savings will start to be reflected in approximately 12 months.
Founded in 2002, Hoteles City Express operates 139 hotels throughout Mexico, Costa Rica, Columbia and Chile geared mainly towards domestic business travelers.
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart