Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - December 13, 2018
Intel signs 100 MW PPA
Intel Corp. has signed a PPA to provide 100 megawatts of solar power to the Intel Chandler-Ocotillo facility in Arizona. The 15-year agreement was signed with Salt River Project, a not-for-profit public power utility. Energy will be generated by a solar plant to be built in Eloy by sPower.
“This effort helps support our portfolio approach to use a greener and more sustainable energy supply," said Marty Sedler, Intel’s director of global utilities and infrastructure, in a report from the Phoenix Business Journal. "Intel will continue to look for additional innovative ways to provide a more sustainable electric supply, globally, in all locations where we operate.
The Chandler-Ocotillo campus is already home to the country’s second-largest onsite solar carport installation, according to the report. The 7.7-megawatt solar project covers 3,200 spots of employee shaded parking for the adjoining manufacturing and support buildings and generates 13 million kilowatt-hours of power.
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart