Energy Efficiency - January 15, 2019
YMCA of NY adds new energy platform
The YMCA of Greater New York plans to reduce energy consumption across 21 branches through a $750,000 grant from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) Remote Energy Manager (REM) program.
“The YMCA connects and strengthens our communities. Saving energy in our branches and creating a more sustainable environment is one more way we can make our community stronger,” said Sharon Greenberger, president and CEO of the YMCA of Greater New York, in a statement. “This grant helps us update our facilities with new technology and training, and allows New York City to serve as an energy conservation leader among YMCAs. Importantly, the money we save on energy can go directly toward programs to empower youth, improve health and strengthen community in New York City.”
Gotham 360 advisory services with BuildingIQ’s 5i Intelligent Energy Platform were selected to optimize energy at the New York City YMCA facilities. YMCA executives now have visibility into the portfolio of branches in one platform that provides real-time energy usage data, giving them relevant data-driven insights for controlling operating costs and tightening resources.
According to the statement, YMCA buildings, present in every borough of New York City, mostly operate on older building systems that until now limited the YMCA of Greater New York’s ability to implement many modern energy efficiency technologies. As a demonstration of Internet of Things (IoT) upgrades in a portfolio of older buildings, pulse energy meters were installed at YMCA branches to help connect real-time energy consumption data to the cloud.
- Bloomberg LP to purchase energy from NY wind farm
- Morgan Stanley to install Bloom fuel cell system at NYC headquarters
- Con Edison boasts strong year for energy efficiency incentives for C&I customers
- New York unveils $10M in energy efficiency initiatives for industrial, manufacturing facilities
- Hooked on solar, but out of roof space?
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart