Solar, Sourcing Renewables - January 22, 2019
Madison College hosts WI’s largest rooftop solar
Madison College in Wisconsin has completed the installation of a 1.4 MW rooftop solar system at the Truax Campus’ main building, which the college calls Wisconsin’s largest such installation. The college is also known as Madison Area Technical College.
A report by Solar Industry Magazine said the project feature 5,700 solar panels and covers 125,000 square foot of the building’s roof. The system is expected to produce 100% of the building’s energy needs for up to three hours on sunny days and will save the campus more than $200,000 in energy costs on an annual basis. The system will also be used as a teaching tool as it includes monitoring technology to provide output data for analysis by students and the public.
Madison Gas and Electric provided a $500,000 grand toward building the project, while the college used $2.5 million from capital budget funds to cover the remaining cost. The solar system was developed by Madison, Wis.-based SunVest Solar Inc.
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart