Power Prices, Regulation, Utilities - February 4, 2019
Mexico's Energy Market Reform: Navigating the Challenges and Opportunities in the Competitive Supply Market
Since Mexico instituted its landmark energy reform in 2016, businesses operating in the country have faced an equal amount of opportunity and uncertainty. As this white paper from Enel X explains, with access to third-party energy suppliers, Mexico’s large energy users are now able to shop for alternative supply agreements to those imposed by the state-run utility, the Comisión Federal de Electricidad. This is a significant opportunity. In 2018, prices offered by the CFE increased by about 50%, while capacity rates grew by more than 200%.
However, the competitive supply market is fraught with risk. Businesses looking to capitalize on this opportunity will need to navigate a constantly evolving network of suppliers and complex supply agreements that could leave them exposed to risk on the market or locked into unfavorable long-term contracts.
Download the new whitepaper from Enel X to learn:
- Why Mexico’s utility rates may continue to rise
- How energy market reform creates opportunities for businesses in the country
- Common challenges and pitfalls for businesses approaching the competitive supply market
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
- Ameren Missouri offers C&I demand response program
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- Optimizing Solar, Storage, and a Fuel Cell for a Brooklyn Apartment Complex
- Energy Storage Helps an Ontario Food Manufacturer Take Control of Electricity Costs
- Honda rolls out SmartCharge beta
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Delta Force - Driving Energy Efficiency at UVA
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Collaboration Enables Merck to Take a Huge, Sustainable Leap Forward