Commercial, Solar - December 5, 2019
Shell completes 132 MW solar PPA
Shell Energy North America announced Dec. 3 its newest renewable energy project, a 15-year PPA for 132 MW from the Maverick 7 Solar Project in Riverside County, Calif.
The Palen Solar project is operated by EDF Renewables and has a total capacity of 500 MW. The project is located on 3,140 acres of federal lands through the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
Shell will purchase 100% of the environmental attributes, including the RECs and capacity, in addition to being the sole energy taker for the project.
“We continually look for opportunities to increase the supply of renewable power in California while simultaneously reducing Shell’s carbon footprint,” Glenn Wright, President of Shell Energy North America, said in a statement. “Customers and communities are demanding a shift in the way their power is generated, and the Maverick 7 Solar Project allows us to deliver a cleaner, sustainable energy solution.”
Developers of the project expect the solar farm to be generating electricity by the end of 2021.
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart