Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - January 31, 2020
Extra Space Storage partners for 100 solar installations
Extra Space Storage has completed 100 solar projects across locations in over a dozen states, totaling over 10 MW of energy capacity, in partnership with Safari Energy.
These projects combined have to date produced more than 33 GWh of solar power. The largest of these 100 projects is a 531 kW rooftop solar system on the self-storage site in Central Valley, N.Y.
Extra Space Storage estimates that the Safari Energy solar installations offset more than 80% of each site’s energy use, with approximately 20 sites offsetting more than 95% of their energy use.
“At Extra Space, we are committed to sustainability,” Joe Margolis, CEO of Extra Space Storage, said in a statement. “Solar is a key piece of our sustainability initiatives, and we’re glad to work with great partners like Safari Energy. We’ve found solar projects — like the 100 we’ve installed with Safari — to be an easy decision for us because it’s at the intersection of what is good for the environment, what is good for the community and what is good for our shareholders.”
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart