Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - March 17, 2020
Seaman's Beverage and Logistics targets 2025 carbon neutrality
Seaman’s Beverage and Logistics announced March 13 their new commitment to being carbon neutral by 2025.
The alcoholic beverage distributor plans to achieve this goal by installing solar panels, switching to energy-efficient lighting, completely transitioning to electric vehicles and turning their warehouse into a self-sustaining, net-zero energy building.
They also plan to adapt their supply chain logistics to reflect their sustainability commitments throughout the processes of warehousing, back-office, outsourcing and last-mile services in the New Jersey and New York regions to ensure that efforts toward carbon-neutrality are implemented in all aspects of their logistics and outsourcing business.
“We want Seaman’s Beverage and Logistics to be a differentiator in its industry, distinguished by a first-class logistics strategy and active membership in the global business community,” CEO Glenn Langberg said in a statement. “SBL is fully committed to adopting environmentally responsible and sustainable practices that will complement its commitment to operational excellence.”
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart