Commercial, Solar - March 18, 2020
Safeguard Storage begins rooftop solar installation project
Safeguard Storage Properties is offering up its rooftops for the installation of solar panels under a new deal with Pivot Energy.
Pivot Energy will engineer, procure and construct solar arrays on top of 14 Safeguard self-storage facilities in Illinois under this new agreement, resulting in 1.5 MW of new solar capacity. This solar power will provide nearly 90% of the electricity needs for Safeguard facilities in the Chicago-metro area.
“Safeguard has been investing in solar power since 2014 and has completed 26 solar power system installations and is delighted to be partnering with Pivot Energy to add an additional 14 new solar power systems”, Mark B Rinder, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Financial Officer of Safeguard, said in a statement.
The first solar projects will be completed and operating by mid-summer 2020 and the rest of the portfolio is expected to come online in early Q4 2020.
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart
- State of Energy Management 2020 Report