Commercial, Finance, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - April 29, 2020
Nestle UK reaches 100% RE with new wind PPA
Nestlé UK announced April 27 that they have signed a 15-year PPA for 31 MW from an offshore wind farm that will supply 50% of their power consumption in UK operations.
This agreement will ensure that all of Nestlé UK’s energy use is covered by clean energy PPAs. The UK subsidiary of the food and beverage company signed the agreement with Ørsted and will receive the clean power from the company’s 573 MW Race Bank Offshore Wind Farm. Starting May 1, 2020, Nestlé UK will purchase 125 GWh annually from the project.
“I'm incredibly proud that at Nestlé we are doing the right thing to play our part in reducing climate change,” Nesté UK CEO Stefano Agostini said in a statement. “With our partnership with Ørsted we are now able to cover 100 % of our electricity from wind power, another huge milestone in our efforts to become a sustainable business.”
The Race Bank Offshore Wind farm comprises 91 Siemens Gamesa 6 MW wind turbines.
- Renewable Energy Buyers' Principles adds 6 new participants to growing list of large-scale names
- Corporate renewable energy purchases taking hold in Michigan
- Ohio businesses push Legislature on clean energy
- Wal-Mart among corporate supporters of Missouri bill to allow power purchase agreements
- Nestlé outlines energy, sustainability goals
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart