Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - May 4, 2020 - By Lara Cottingham, City of Houston
Virtual Innovation Summit: Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World
As part of our continuing series of 2020 Virtual Innovation Summit keynotes, Lara Cottingham, chief sustainability officer for the City of Houston presents Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World.
Houston is inextricably linked with oil and gas so it may have come as a surprise to many when the city launched its first Climate Action Plan in April on the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. As Cottingham explains, climate change was a difficult conversation in Houston until the turning point of Hurricane Harvey in 2017.
Watch this presentation to learn about how changing priorities and strategies for climate action were moved to the fore in the energy capital of the world:
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness