Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - September 8, 2020
Tempur Sealy commits to 100% RE in operations
Tempur Sealy announced Sept. 8 their new commitment to sourcing 100% renewable electricity for their U.S. and European Tempur-Pedic and Sealy manufacturing operations this year and sourcing RECs from wind farms across the U.S.
The bedding manufacturer is also completing a solar project in Albuquerque, N.M., that is expected to generate enough energy to power all of their Albuquerque mattress assembly lines. The project is expected to be completed in the first half of 2021.
Additionally, the wind farm RECs will make Tempur Sealy the world’s largest manufacturer of bedding material to purchase RECs sufficient to power a majority of their operations.
"We are thrilled to announce our expanded sustainability initiatives,” Scott Thompson, Tempur Sealy Chairman and CEO, said in a statement. “The actions we are taking to drive increased renewable energy usage and reduce our waste across our global organization are furthering our long-term commitment of reducing our environmental footprint. I am proud our teams remain committed to ensuring we are improving the environment while we simultaneously manage vast efforts around rapid business growth in a changing world."
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook