Energy Storage, Commercial, Solar - November 13, 2020
California winery plans solar + battery installation
Domaine Carneros announced Nov. 12 that it is installing a 250 kW solar and battery energy storage system at its winery in Napa, Calif., that could offset nearly 624 metric tons of carbon each year.
The sparkling wine company partnered with EDF Renewables North America on the project and EDF will be responsible for designing, building and operating both the solar installation and the accompanying 280 kW microgrid. The onsite behind-the-meter battery storage system is expected to have a capacity of 540 kWh, and the solar installation will include panels on a carport and in ground-mount installations.
The microgrid system, in tandem with its integrated smart electrical infrastructure and control system, will allow the solar and storage to power the facility and maintain 100% of its operations during a power outage while reducing fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
“Domaine Carneros is excited to embark on this project with EDF Renewables that will build upon our robust sustainability program and existing solar energy array,” Remi Cohen, CEO of Domaine Carneros, said in a statement. “As estate vineyard owners, we realize the responsibility of operating in an environmentally conscientious fashion. This installation is the next step in a 33-year history of stewardship and leadership in sustainability initiatives.”
- EDF Renewable Energy, looking to expand offerings to corporate buyers, strikes deal for groSolar
- Webinar replay: Buyer aggregation - an emerging path for renewable energy purchasers
- Verizon signs 13 renewable energy agreements
- German chemical producer BASF agrees to source 55 MW of solar power
- Cox Communications installs solar + battery system
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook