November 16, 2020
Beyond the Meter wraps Season 2 with ESG Investing and Electrification of Transportation
The final two episodes of Beyond The Meter's second season are now available, featuring discussions of ESG investing and innovative financing models, and the electrification of transportation.
These episodes continue the mission of the series: to explore the evolution of energy management and renewable energy sourcing strategy by large electric power users in key industry sectors. Beyond the Meter is made possible with support from Duke Energy Renewables and Duke Energy One.
New episodes include:
Guests Catherine Kummer, Climate Advisor for the American Cities Climate Challenge to the City of Charlotte, NC, and Michael Luhrs, Vice President of Market Strategy and Solutions for Duke Energy offer their unique perspectives on the issues driving the move toward fleet and public transportation electrification, how it’s being accomplished on the ground, how the issue impacts corporations, and what role utilities like Duke are playing in making the transition possible.
Many companies are looking to ESGs to guide sustainability decisions and to prove their sustainability commitment to customers and stakeholders. This episode features three of the key players at Duke Energy who are expertly qualified to speak to these issues. Cari Boyce, Katherine Neebe, and Doug Esamann join host John Failla to discuss the steps Duke Energy has taken and continues to take in the adoption and implementation of ESGs in moving toward its sustainability goals.
You can catch up on earlier Season 2 episodes, including "Resiliency in Healthcare" and "Resiliency and Technology in Cities," as well as all of Season 1, featuring AT&T, The Home Depot, Michigan State University, and Sprint. Click here to listen to Beyond the Meter episodes and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Beyond the Meter podcast returns with Season 2
- Bonus Podcast Episode - Look Who Switched to Renewables: Sprint's Journey to Lower Emissions
- Beyond the Meter Podcast - Episode 4: The Home Depot Sustainability Approach
- Beyond the Meter Podcast - Episode 7: Look Who Switched To Renewables: Sprint’s Journey To Lower Emissions
- Lockheed Martin, Duke Energy ink 17-year renewable energy deal
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook