Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - December 11, 2020
Tractor Supply Company to source 100% RE for 30 Virginia stores
Tractor Supply Company announced Dec. 10 that it has executed a contract to supply 100% renewable energy to its more than 30 store facilities in Virginia through a three-year power agreement.
The rural lifestyle retailer completed the agreement with Direct Energy, taking advantage of a new competitive energy market in Virginia. Direct Energy is able to offer 100% renewable energy to businesses in the state by securing both power generation and the associated renewable attributes from local projects in the region.
"We believe that a healthy environment, properly managed resources and vibrant communities are key to secure a prosperous future," Ben Parrish, Tractor Supply's Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, who oversees the Company's Stewardship Program, said in a statement. "To that end, we are proud to now have all our Virginia locations that are supplied with power from Direct Energy running on 100% renewable energy."
Tractor Supply was recently recognized by Barron’s as one of the 100 Most Sustainable Companies in the United States and in recent years has been looking for ways to be more energy-efficient and eliminate waste at its more than 1,900 stores across the United States.
- Smart Energy Strategies for Manufacturers
- Smart Energy Strategies for Large Retail Businesses
- Case study: Large manufacturer saves $295k through customized power purchasing strategy
- Case study: Armed with new solutions, Excela Health targets $1.35M in energy savings
- Achieving maximum benefit from energy management
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook