Commercial, GHG Emissions - April 29, 2021
Sydney Opera House Signs First Global Goals Partner
The Sydney Opera House announced on April 26 that the first Global Goals Partner to support the iconic performing arts center's commitment to sustainability, inclusion, and diversity is Honeywell.
The building technology company will align with the Opera House over a three-year partnership, during which they will work together on initiatives that support the Global Goals. These include:
- Assisting the Opera House in its efforts to become climate-positive by 2023.
- Collaborating on an event to discuss how engineers are contributing to positive social and environmental change.
- Launching a program to support First Nations tertiary graduates with their chosen profession.
Honeywell previously helped the Opera House reduce its energy use by 20% and its water consumption by 30% through improved monitoring.
Sydney Opera House CEO Louise Herron AM, said in a statement, "This new partnership will enable an expanded range of significant projects, contributing to the huge collaborative effort required to achieve the Global Goals. We are thrilled to welcome Honeywell as our first Global Goals partner. As we approach the Opera House's 50th anniversary in 2023, we are looking for more ways to work with organizations that share our vision for positive social and environmental change.
The Sydney Opera House became the first Australian arts institution to commit to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook