Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - March 27, 2020 - By John Failla, Smart Energy Decisions
COVID-19 won't stop us
This is an unprecedented time in our history with the COVID-19 pandemic impacting the health of those we care about, our businesses, the economy, and the way we live our lives. As we continue to pursue our mission to help you navigate the energy transition during these challenging times, we want you to know that Smart Energy Decisions is here for you.
Since our founding in February of 2016, we have worked hard to help you succeed. As we confront a pandemic like none in recent history, our commitment to your success will not waver.
You can continue to rely on Smart Energy Decisions news items documenting successful efforts to reduce energy demand and increase renewable energy supply, white papers and research delivering insights on cutting edge energy management topics, and opportunities to connect both online and face-to-face in the interest of fostering the collaboration necessary for success when it is safe to do so.
COVID-19 won't stop us. To help you get through this and keep important industry conversations going, we're evolving our model and plans with the following specific actions:
- The 2020 Innovation Summit has transitioned to virtual mode from face-to-face for this year. Keynote speaker presentations and supplier boardroom case study presentations are being video recorded for distribution to Summit attendees, and the invaluable one-to-one meetings facilitated at our events are successfully being conducted by phone as video calls even as you are reading this column.
- Based on input from our Advisory Board, we're announcing new dates for the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The new dates - July 27-29 - are six weeks later than originally planned. As almost every other renewable energy event in the first half of the year has been canceled, we've been told the RE Sourcing Forum is more important than ever to advance the corporate procurement of renewable energy. Moving to a later date is a demonstration of our commitment to delivering an event that will be both productive and safe for our community to participate in.
- Our digital media efforts are being expanded. We'll be delivering more webinars, white papers, case studies, and podcasts than ever before to keep you informed and up to date on industry issues and trends.
While some will hit the pause button during these turbulent times, we encourage you to hit "play." Engage with our digital content, work with us to arrange conversations by phone or video, and let us know what else we can do to help keep you and your company moving forward.
Thank you for being a part of the Smart Energy Decisions community and for the trust you place in us online and at our face-to-face events.
John Failla is the founder and editorial director of Smart Energy Decisions.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Columns
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- Why Corporate Sustainability Must Change
- UPDATE: Understanding the MOPR - What an Obscure FERC Rule Could Mean for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Our data centers now work harder when the sun shines and wind blows
- Now Is the Time for Energy-Efficient and Sustainable Data Centers
- What COVID Means for Energy Goals and Sustainability Efforts, Today and Tomorrow
- Stronger Together: Optimizing Renewable Energy
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset