Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, Industrial - February 4, 2016
Zahroof Valves named finalist for energy, sustainability in annual Edison Awards
Industrial valve manufacturer Zahroof is a finalist in the Edison Awards, which evaluate technologies based on criteria of "Concept, Value, Delivery and Impact." The winners – gold, silver and bronze – will be announced at a gala in New York City on April 21. Previous winners include 3M, Disney and Dyson.
"The humble valve has not seen much change over the years despite its importance in every aspect of the energy industry. Our unique straightflo valve has resulted in impressive numbers in the field in terms of reduced emissions, improved efficiency and strong return on investment," Zahroof Mohamed, President of Zahroof Valves said in a statement.
The reciprocating compressor valve technology has proven to improve valve efficiency by up to 40% and significantly extend run time between valve service intervals, according to the company. The valves are used by industries including chemical plants, air separation plants, hydrogen, technical gases, plant air, pulp and paper, mining, oil and gas, and others.
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 2: Long-Term Decarbonization Strategies
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution
- How to Engage Your Supply Chain in Sustainability
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 1: Immediate Steps For C&I Facilities