Energy Procurement, Industrial, Power Prices, Utilities - November 30, 2016
Case study: Metal manufacturer cuts energy costs 20%
In this customer profile, sponsored by Constellation, the team outlines three specific ways it is helping an Illinois-based metal manufacturer reduce its energy costs.
The heavy machinery used to cast and sand metal can be a huge drain on energy. Before Aurora Metals began working with Constellation 15 years ago, it wasn't uncommon for its Montgomery, Ill., division to spend $55,000 to $60,000 per month on electricity alone.
In 2001, the company's top executives knew they needed to get a better handle on those costs to stay competitive globally. Since then, Aurora Metals has learned to make better energy management decisions that, combined with decreasing electricity and natural gas prices, has resulted in a 15% to 20% reduction in energy costs.
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- The Business of Standalone Grid-Scale Energy Storage in Northern States
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Why finance should lead sustainability efforts
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging