Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - September 14, 2017
2 new speakers join SED event at Climate Week NYC
Two new speakers have been added to the list of experts that will join Smart Energy Decisions on Sept. 20 in New York City to discuss its just-released study, "The State of Corporate Renewable Energy Sourcing."
At the event, held in conjunction with Climate Week NYC, Smart Energy Decisions founder and editorial director John Failla will present a series of key findings from the Smart Energy Decisions renewable energy sourcing survey, which fielded in June and includes responses from 94 large energy users, including more than 72 commercial and industrial company executives. That presentation will be followed by a panel discussion of the topic with Cindy Quan, vice president of the environment, social and governance team at Goldman Sachs; David Tulauskas, director of sustainability at General Motors, and Blaine Collinson, managing director at Altenex, an Edison Energy company.
Newly announced panelists are Gary Levitan, vice president of global sourcing - energy and sustainability at JPMorgan Chase & Co., and Sam Kimmins, head of RE100. JPMorgan in July announced its goal to rely on 100% renewable energy by 2020 in addition to facilitating $200 billion in clean energy financing through 2025 to support its clients' own sustainability projects. The RE100 initiative, led by international nonprofit The Climate Group in partnership with CDP, includes 106 global companies that have committed to using 100% renewable energy.
Smart Energy Decisions designed and conducted the research study to explore trends in corporate renewable energy sourcing, including current activity and plans for the future. Admission to attend this event is complimentary for renewable energy buyers.
- Overheard at Climate Week NYC: 'Why wouldn't you set a 100% renewable energy target?'
- SED to present corporate renewable energy sourcing research findings at Climate Week NYC
- Case study: GM's road to 100% renewable energy
- Report: Goldman Sachs, H&M ramp clean energy use
- GM marks largest renewable deal with Texas wind
- 2021 Renewable Energy Market Analysis
- 2021 State of Distributed Energy Resources Study
- Leveraging New Technologies to Modernize Infrastructure and Improve Energy Efficiency in America's Cities
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings