Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage, Power Prices, Regulation, Utilities - November 6, 2017
The Evolution of the California Energy Market: How demand response, management will change the future
This white paper, presented by CPower, explores the evolution of the California electricity market and evaluates how demand response and demand management will play integral roles in the Golden State's energy future. Written by Jennifer Chamberlin, CPower's executive director for the California market, the paper aims to paint a clear picture of the future and present of California's energy landscape in a way that arms organizations and businesses with the facts and insights needed to make sound energy management decisions.
In painting that picture, CPower outlines how the state's largest electric utilities (SCE, PG&E, SDG&E) and California's grid operator (California ISO) have evolved demand response in the Golden State to maintain the flow of reliable electricity to the areas that need it most, and offers an overview of how demand management practices are combining with distributed resources like energy storage to help alleviate grid stress and curb volatile electricity prices.
Download the 10-page white paper below to learn more.
Please fill out the below field to receive the report. We value your privacy!
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers