Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Utilities, Sourcing Renewables - January 31, 2018
Innovation Award winners announced
The judges have made their decisions, and Smart Energy Decisions is pleased to announce the winners in the first Innovation Awards competition. The winners will be recognized at a reception and special dinner on Feb. 27 at the Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit in Austin, Texas.
The objective of the Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Awards program is to recognize the individual and collective efforts of large electric power users, their suppliers, and their utilities in support of the energy transformation currently taking place. Innovation Awards will be presented in two categories - customer project awards and utility partnership awards.
The winners in the Customer Project Awards competition are:
- Industrial Energy Data Management: Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Lean Energy: Transforming the Culture of Energy Conservation
- Commercial Energy Data Management: IBM, IBM Smarter Building Solution
- Commercial Energy Efficiency Technology: Kingspan, Journey to Net Zero Energy
- Industrial Energy Efficiency Technology: Cisco Systems, Cisco's Global EnergyOps Program
- Energy Storage and Microgrids: LBA Realty, Park Place Energy Storage Project
- EV Charging Infrastructure: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Airport EV Infrastructure Project
- Offsite Renewable Energy: Fruit of the Loom, Inc., Merendon Biomass Power
- Onsite Renewable Energy (tie): California State University, Dominguez Hills, Grid Relief Through Demand Response and Energy Storage and Michigan State University, The Largest Carport Solar Array in NA
The winners in the Utility Partnership Awards competition are:
- Green Tariff Program: Black Hills Corporation, Large Power Contract Service Tariff
- Enabling Offsite Renewable Energy: Sacramento Municipal Utility District, SolarShares Program Redesign for Commercial Customers
- Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs: Eversource, Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund
"We’re gratified by the positive reception and strong industry response to the program that confirms the time is right to fill the void for a recognition program recognizing both innovative customer projects and the utility programs that enable them," said John Failla, founder and editorial director, Smart Energy Decisions.
The program's judges included Ali Ahmed, principal, Green Strategies LLC; Peter Kelly-Detwiler, principal, NorthBridge Energy Partners; Karl R. Rábago, executive director of the Pace Energy and Climate Center, and Rowena Striff, energy manager, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics.
"We want to thank our judges for their time and assistance in helping us in the voting process, reviewing all of the nominations sent in from all corners of the industry. Their extensive industry experience added greatly to the program," Failla said.
"Last, but certainly not least, we congratulate each of the winning large electric power users and utilities whose innovative projects and programs are being recognized with Innovation Awards” he added.
More information about the awards and a recap of the reception and dinner at the Innovation Summit will be published this spring in a special edition of Smart Energy Decisions Insights.
Industry News: SED's Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum goes VIRTUAL July 27-29, 2020
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World