Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement, Sourcing Renewables - April 20, 2018
Infographic: BP's scenarios for energy transition
In their report, "Advancing the Energy Transition," BP noted that renewables are now the fastest-growing energy source in
history, adding "We estimate that they could account for 14% of all energy consumption in 2040 – if not more."
The report, which details BP's low carbon plans, offers three scenarios for this energy consumption transition: evolving, faster, and even faster, with the last view putting renewables at more than 30%. Factors from government policies to carbon pricing to social preferences come into play as BP projects energy consumption to 2040.
Click on the following link to view BP's projections:
- Trump would be only world leader to deny climate science; Pokemon are taking over power plants
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority enters into new renewable energy contracts
- New York Plans 3 GW of Offshore Wind Installations
- bp Plans Green Hydrogen Project in England
- bp Launches $269 Million Efficiency Investment at Cherry Point Refinery