Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement - April 30, 2018
Urjanet launches Utility Data for Solar
Urjanet announced on Apr. 30 the launch of Utility Data for Solar, a data-as-a-service solution that provides on-demand access to commercial and residential energy usage, cost, and location data from more than 750 electric utilities in more than 15 countries.
A statement from Urjanet noted, "While solar has displayed steady growth over the past decade - SEIA estimates an annual industry growth rate of 59 percent - recent developments threaten to slow its expansion," The current administration’s 30 percent tariff on imported solar panels is expected to drive higher prices and slow adoption of solar installations. Additionally, the industry has faced high and growing customer acquisition costs over the past few years.
To overcome these potential challenges, Urjanet Utility Data for Solar provides sales insight for solar installers, brokers, marketplaces, financiers, and software providers to help get adoption back on track. The new solution will enable solar providers to accelerate sales cycles, streamline and enhance the customer buying experience, and build tailored and accurate proposals.
"At our very core, supporting a clean energy economy with innovative solutions has always been Urjanet’s goal," said Sanjoy Malik, CEO at Urjanet. “With Utility Data for Solar, we’re excited to advance renewable energy agendas across residential and commercial sectors by providing tools to streamline opportunity assessment and sales processes.”
- Eight steps to winning support for energy efficiency projects with utility data
- Lack of resources, tools, stifling progress on corporate energy goals, study finds
- Study finds 14% of companies using wind, solar to avoid peak summer demand charges
- Webinar replay: Managing Energy Data from End-to-End
- Are You Still Manually Collecting Energy Data? Three Ways it Will Cost You
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness
- Selecting a Renewables Project: Evaluate Risk vs. Reward