Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - September 14, 2018
Walmart's 2018 Global Responsibility Report Summary
Walmart's 2018 Global Responsibility Report Summary highlights progress made by the company in the past year, led by the company's groundbreaking Project Gigaton, which has been called "corporate America's moon shot."
Noting that 90% of the company's GHG emissions come from their supply chains, the report said, "we know we can and should do more to eliminate and reduce emissions." With a goal to reduce emissions from their collective value chains by 1 billion tons—a gigaton—by 2030, the report takes a close look at the six pillars covered by the project and the way each represents a way to reduce emissions in product supply chains.
Download the report to explore Walmart's plans and progress as they head towards their gigaton goal:
Read These Related Articles:
- PepsiCo, UPS, Wal-Mart among large fleet operators signing on to new 'Sustainable Fuel Buyers Principles'
- Solar Power Energizes Seven California Walmart Locations
- Alphabet, Citigroup, Walmart make CDP corporate climate leader A List
- Facebook, Google, AT&T claim top spots among 2019 corporate energy buyers
- Walmart, Salesforce now receiving power from newly operational wind farm