Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - September 19, 2018
Infographic: Starbuck's Greener Stores
"Starbucks Greener Stores" is the company's commitment to designing, building, and operating 10,000 greener stores--including existing stores, new builds, and renovations--globally by 2025.
The new program, announced by the company on Sept. 13, is expected to help Starbucks avoid $50 million in utilities expenses over the next 10 years, building on approximately $30 million saved in annual operating costs over the past 10 years. As part of this new framework, Starbucks will audit all existing company-operated stores in the U.S. and Canada over the next year. Starbuck's framework will be open-sourced to enable other retailers to engage in this initiative.
Click here to see Starbuck's plans for store-level energy efficiency, renewable energy, healthy environment and more:
- Starbucks moves higher in EPA green power ranks
- Starbucks reaches 100% RE in Illinois with wind power
- Starbucks Commissions Community Solar Projects for New York State
- Starbucks adds carbon neutrality in green coffee processes to 2030 goals
- New wind will give energy to Walmart, Smithfield Foods, Starbucks