Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - February 18, 2019
Annaly implements energy audit
Annaly Capital Management, Inc. announced a series of corporate responsibility initiatives and enhancements, including an internal Company-wide campaign to raise awareness and engagement with employees around sustainability and conserving resources at its corporate headquarters. This focus on operating responsibly within Annaly’s headquarters resulted in an extensive energy audit of the company’s impact and energy use.
“Although our total employee base of 170 individuals contributes to a relatively small environmental footprint, we are nevertheless committed to promoting sustainable practices and reducing energy usage in our corporate headquarters,” the company explained in a statement. “In 2018, we commenced an energy audit in order to more fully track and monitor our impact and energy use. We will use this audit to establish a baseline, set improvement targets, develop action plans and track our performance. We are committed to developing ways to reduce our environmental footprint despite the constraints of operating in a leased office environment.
At Annaly’s company headquarters, actions included:
- Establishing a baseline of their environmental footprint
- Implementing programs and continually evaluate ways to track and reduce environmental impact
- Promoting awareness and education internally regarding sustainability and initiatives geared at reducing and conserving resources
The company reported incorporating components of green building specified by the EPA, including energy and water efficiency, waste and toxics reduction, indoor air quality maintenance, and environmentally preferable building materials and specifications.
Annaly’s headquarters building is participating in the New York City Carbon Challenge in an effort to reduce the base building's greenhouse gas emissions at least 30% by 2029 and support the New York City goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions 80% by 2050.
Read These Related Articles:
- Destination: Net Zero – Moving the needle towards carbon neutral
- Sustainable Energy in America Factbook 2023 - Executive Summary
- The 2022 State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- GHG Emissions Reduction Audit: A Checklist for Owners
- Case Study: IBM and Lendlease Leverage Green Leasing as Tenants to Achieve Net-Zero