Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - August 30, 2019
Cushman & Wakefield reports GHG reductions
Cushman & Wakefield, the global real estate service firm, achieved a 26% reduction in global Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions per $billion revenue between 2017 and 2018. The company also achieved a 5% reduction in Scope 3 emissions during the same period.
These results were announced with the release of Cushman & Wakefield’s 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, which highlights the firm’s ongoing commitment to corporate citizenship and to progressing international targets by aligning the company’s long-term objectives with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
“At Cushman & Wakefield, corporate social responsibility is embedded in our firm’s practices and strategic vision for the future,” said Brett White, executive chairman & CEO. “This report demonstrates that we’re delivering on our promise to our many stakeholders to operate with integrity, responsibility and ethical standards.”
Discussing Scope 1 & 2 efforts, the report noted, “In the past four years, while our global footprint has grown as we have expanded our business internationally, we have significantly improved our energy and emissions efficiency through ongoing improvements in energy controls, installation of energy-efficient appliances, and employee education and behavioral change.” The reduction in Scope 3 emissions is attributed to continued efforts to reduce business travel through the use of virtual meeting platforms and deployment of local teams in international markets.
Cushman & Wakefield works with leading standards, such as the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), as well as their own menu of proprietary green practices to help our clients get the most out of their buildings. These practices include:
- Making operational and energy efficiencies to achieve leading green building standards and certifications
- Supporting planning and development of renewable energy installations
- Performing environmental risk assessments and assisting in risk mitigation
- Planning and implementing retrofits for energy and water efficiencies
- Providing technology solutions to monitor and track resource consumption and identify opportunities for improvement
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business