Distributed Energy Resources, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - August 24, 2020
Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset
In today’s highly competitive and wind-saturated markets, some turbines have an overlooked advantage potentially worth over $10 million on a standard wind belt project. In this white paper, Vestas explains how the shape of a turbine’s production—how much energy it produces at which wind speeds—can drastically impact the average price of the electricity it generates.
This is especially true in wholesale markets with a high proportion of wind production. While developers tend to compare turbine models using cost of energy, they often neglect the value of the energy these turbines produce. This paper dives into production shape and its importance in wind markets, how it affects the value an off-taker extracts from a PPA contract, and why most developers fail to consider shape when selecting turbines.
Download the white paper to learn why not all turbines are created equal:
- Integrated Renewable Energy - A Simpler Renewable Solution
- How to Engage Your Supply Chain in Sustainability
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 1: Immediate Steps For C&I Facilities
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers