Energy Efficiency, Sourcing Renewables - January 8, 2021
NRDC's 8th Annual Energy Report: Slow and Steady Will Not Win the Climate Race
NRDC presents its 2020 Annual Energy Report, for 2019 and part of 2020, highlighting both the progress made and challenges to face in transitioning to a carbon-free economy.
There was good, mixed, and bad news for the U.S. energy sector in 2019 - though the events of 2020 and the unexpected shifts in the energy world amid a deadly pandemic and global recession have largely overshadowed the final energy outcomes of the previous year.
Read the report to explore data and trends including:
- Emissions reduction targets
- Renewable portfolio standards (%) and clean electricity targets
- 2019 EV sales by state
- Number of EV charging stations per 100,000 people by state
- Oil Production by state
- Gas plants by year in service and size of unit (MW)
- Coal retirements by year and planned year, and size of unit (MW)
Click here to read the report.