Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage, Industrial, Microgrids - July 19, 2021
Keynotes from General Mills, Port of Seattle, Stanford University to Lead the DE Forum
An outstanding roster of keynote speakers is set for Smart Energy Decisions’ Virtual Distributed Energy Forum, September 13-15 online at SED’s Virtual EventHub. These exclusive executive keynote sessions, buyer-only preconference roundtables, and one-to-one meetings between buyers and suppliers will bring industry leaders together to explore the theme, “DER’s Role in Your Sustainability Strategy”.
“As large power users flock to establish bold carbon emission reduction goals, evaluating DERs role in achieving these goals has become essential. We’re proud to produce the only event in the industry that brings large power users together with DER solution providers for their mutual success” said John Failla, Founder & Editorial Director, Smart Energy Decisions.
Featured Keynote speakers include:
- Daren Kaiser, Global Energy Strategy Leader, General Mills on the company’s corporate ambition to be a “Force for Good,” including ramped up sustainability commitments, energy optimization, and CHP solutions.
- Keith Warner, Aviation Utilities Manager, Port of Seattle on his role at the largest regional airport AND utility, the push for electrification, and his perspective in moving from the private sector with Boeing to his current public sector role.
- Lincoln Bleveans, Executive Director, Sustainability & Energy Management, Stanford University, will discuss moving from “why” to “how” in implementing DERs in higher education, the challenges of reliability and resilience; creating a granular, room-to-room energy plan, and the intersection between the university and Silicon Valley.
Additional educational sessions will include exclusive buyer-only Preconference Interactive Roundtables, including exclusive industry research “The State of Distributed Energy Resources” presented by NRG and “Creating Your Net Zero Roadmap” presented by Edison Energy.
A partial list of large electric power users already set to attend the event includes Amcor Rigid Plastics, Barber Hill ISD, Chick-fil-A, Dollar Tree/Family Dollar, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, General Mills, General Motors, JLL Mexico, Mohawk Industries, Nestle, Port of Seattle, Raley’s, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Stanford University, Texas Department of Transportation, 2Life Communities and The Kroger Company.
NRG Energy is once again the DE Forum’s presenting sponsor and exclusive sponsor of “The State of Distributed Energy Resources” study. Additional sponsors include Black & Veatch, GreenStruxure, Alturus, Ameresco, Duke Energy Sustainable Solutions, Edison Energy, Metrus Energy, and Apex Clean Energy.
Join the SED community at the Virtual Distributed Energy Forum, September 13-15, 2021. Interested energy management and sustainability executives can submit an application to attend at this link; interested suppliers can submit an application here.
- Research: The State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- How Energy Technology Reduces Consumption and Spend: Fleet Electrification
- Decarbonizing Supply Chains: Collaboration and Renewable Energy Strategies
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas