Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - July 13, 2022
Panasonic Sets 2024 Emission Plans
Panasonic Holdings Corporation announced the release of its Green Impact Plan 2024 (GIP2024). The plan will serve as a milestone toward the electronic company’s 2050 targets.
The company is engaged in various activities towards reducing CO2 emissions from its own operations to virtually net zero by 2030 and to contribute to a total of 300 million tons (Mt) or more in avoided emissions by 2050, about 1% of the current total global emissions of 33 billion tons.
Panasonic's GIP2024 sets out concrete actions to be completed by 2024 (FY2025). It aims to reduce CO2 emissions in the group's value chain (VC) and seeks to contribute to lowering CO2 emissions in Scope 1, 2 and 3 as well as increasing avoided emissions in wider society.
The Green Impact Plan 2024 and the targets for FY2025 include the following:
For Panasonic’s own impact (Scope 1, 2, 3): CO2 reduction: Target of 16.34 Mt
- Net zero CO2 emissions factories: 37 factories (7 factories already emissions-free at end of FY2021)
- Contribution impact on emissions reduction through existing businesses:
- CO2 reduction contribution to customers and society: Target of 38.3 Mt (23.47 Mt in FY2021)
Panasonic’s green impact targets for FY2031
- Own impact (CO2 emissions reduction within Scope 1, 2, 3): 31.45 Mt
- Contribution impact (avoided CO2 emissions): 93 Mt
- 2019 energy-derived CO2 emissions: 33.6 billion tons (Source: IEA)
Read These Related Articles: