Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - February 22, 2016
Assurant earns EPA Energy Star designations
Insurance provider Assurant has earned the U.S. EPA's 2015 Energy Star certification for its Atlanta office and eight other facilities.
The Atlanta location was recognized after reducing its energy consumption by approximately 11% during the year, according to company news release.. Assurant also earned the 2015 Energy Star designation for office buildings located in Rapid City, S.D.; Springfield, Ohio; Kansas City, Mo.; Florence, S.C.; Milwaukee, Wis.; and Albany, Ore.
To achieve certification, buildings must perform in the top 25% among similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency and meet EPA’s energy efficiency performance levels. On average, Energy Star certified buildings use 35% less energy and also release 35% less carbon dioxide.
Since 2009, Assurant has reduced electrical energy usage by 17%, according to the company's release. Assurant has also implemented energy-saving efforts at other facilities to minimize energy usage with a goal of earning Energy Star certifications for all 15 of its main office buildings by the end of 2016.
“Being good corporate citizens and strong community partners is paramount to our values as a company,” Assurant President and CEO Alan Colberg said in a statement. "Receiving the EPA’s Energy Star designation is a meaningful endorsement of the strategies Assurant has employed to reduce our environmental impact on the communities we live in and serve.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers