Commercial, Distributed Generation, Solar - August 30, 2016
Grand Hyatt Atlanta's hot water system goes solar
Photo courtesy of Hyatt Hotels
Hyatt Hotels Corp. recently completed the installation of a solar thermal hot water system at its Grant Hyatt Atlanta hotel.
Located in the Buckhead district of Atlanta, the 439-room luxury hotel partnered with Solar America Solutions to install the system, which is expected to generate significant energy savings for the Grand Hyatt in addition to reducing its carbon emissions, according to an Aug. 24 news release.
"We take our responsibility to operate as an environmentally friendly hotel very seriously and have made a conscious, long-term commitment to ensure success by making this part of our hotel culture," Grand Hyatt Atlanta director of engineering Wes Shirley said in a statement. "Our partnership with Solar America Solutions fits our mission perfectly, and we’re looking forward to many years of responsible and sustainable solar energy benefits from our [...] thermal system."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products