Commercial, Finance, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - April 25, 2017
Solar project to save Ricoh $1.9M over 10 years
Ricoh USA Inc., the North and South American arm of Tokyo-based Ricoh Co. Ltd., recently announced a series of energy-related sustainability milestones, including the installation of a 608 kW grid solar array that will help power its Caldwell, N.J., offices.
The project is expected to generate more than 790,000 kWh per year, providing more than half of the office facility's electricity needs, the imaging and electronics company said in an April 24 news release. Ricoh partnered with EnterSolar on the solar array installation, which is expected to result in energy savings of more than $1.9 million over the next ten years.
The office facility, Ricoh said, already had a strong history of sustainability features; on the energy side of that coin, it has received U.S. EPA Energy Star designation for three years in a row.
"Since Ricoh established its Environmental Promotion Group more than 40 years ago, we have worked hard to foster sustainability from the top down and the bottom up," Donna Venable, Executive Vice President, Human Resources and Deputy General Manager, Shared Services, Ricoh Americas, said in a statement. "It's what drove us to undertake this solar array project, it's what drives our emissions reductions as a global company, and it's what drives our individual employees to do their part in fostering sustainability through corporate and external programs."
Ricoh said it recently marked several other environmental sustainability milestones, including being named Energy Star Partner of the Year for the second year in a row; committing to using at least 30% renewable energy by 2030, and 100% by 2050, as announced by its parent company April 21; and becoming the first Japanese company to join the RE100. Since 2014, the company says it has reduced its energy consumption by 6.3% and its CO2 emissions by 7%.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness