GHG Emissions, Commercial, Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - October 30, 2017
McKesson signs PPA for 3-MW onsite solar project
Pharmaceuticals and health services company McKesson Corp. has executed a power purchase agreement for electricity generated from an onsite, 3-MW solar project at a distribution center in New Jersey.
The Fortune 500 company said in a news release Oct. 30 that the long-term PPA is the first step of a multiphase plan to expand its environmental sustainability efforts and reduce costs. Pursuant to the agreement with NRG Energy Inc., NRG will install solar arrays at the Robbinsville, N.J., facility, which will be furnished with a combination of rooftop and ground-mounted arrays.
NRG will work with McKesson and local authorities to deliver the project from initial planning to final installation, which is estimated to be fully operational in 2018.
" as well as our focus on improving operational efficiency and driving shareholder value," McKesson SVP and global head of real estate Michael Huaco said in a statement. "The recent innovations in solar technologies and materials are primed to bring these benefits to our industry on a broad scale."
In addition to reducing its carbon footprint through energy efficiency gains in facilities, McKesson said it also has programs to recycle, monitor water usage, proactively manage hazardous and regulated waste, and optimize fleet usage to reduce fuel consumption. Several of its facilities are also certified under the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED standard, according to the release.
- The Latest Evolution of Distributed Energy Resources - Opportunities for Businesses Within PJM
- A look at this summer's Texas electricity market
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Wells Fargo signs 10-year deal for Texas solar
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
The value of Smart Energy Decisions' events, your success is our business.
- Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Amazon, AT&T, IKEA, others join electric vehicle alliance
- Toyota and Dow sign PPAs for Ky. solar plant
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise and partners create first data center efficiency label