Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency - December 12, 2017
Navigating a successful energy project proposal
A new Workflow and Approval Process Guide, prepared by RILA and the Institute for Market Transformation, helps retail energy professionals think more strategically about the project proposal and budgeting process. It is the latest in a suite of financing resources produced through RILA's cooperative agreement award from the U.S. DOE. From getting buy-in from all affected departments to aligning the project's objectives with the company's public goals, this guide considers the many factors that impact the approval process for energy projects and provides thoughtful insights on how to navigate them.
While most businesses conceptually understand the financial and environmental value in investing in energy efficiency projects, successfully proposing and greenlighting new energy projects internally can still be a challenge. Retail energy managers must navigate internal competition for funds, short- and long-term budget cycles, and cross-departmental buy-in as they seek to move projects forward.
Scroll through an example workflow and approval process in this infographic, or download the full Workflow and Approval Process Guide below to see the process applied in a Food Lion Implementation Model.
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Galvanize Landlord-Tenant Engagement and Higher Performing Buildings
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Make Buildings More Healthy and Efficient
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Drive Innovation and Clean Energy
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report