Industrial, Solar - December 19, 2017
New Jersey manufacturer to save $6.5M with solar
A New Jersey manufacturing company that specializes in lamination is expecting to reduce its energy costs by $6.5 million over 25 years after installing a 1.4 MW rooftop solar project at one of its facilities.
Precision Custom Coatings, whose operations include production, design and distribution, expects the system to produce enough energy to offset the facility's yearly electricity use, according to a Dec. 19 news release. The company partnered with Dynamic Energy Solutions LLC to install the solar project.
The installation of the solar system will also help Precision Custom Coatings reduce their carbon footprint by eliminating approximately 1,333 metric tons of carbon dioxide. The project is eligible for the New Jersey SREC incentive program, which will provide Precision Custom Coatings with significant revenue for the next 15 years, in addition to energy savings.
"This solar project will offset a good portion of our energy usage, resulting in substantial savings while reducing our carbon footprint," Moe Kovangji, general manager of Precision Custom Coatings said in a statement. "We would like to thank the Dynamic Energy team for their excellent guidance on every aspect of the project."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers
- Better Plants 2021 Progress Update