Hydro, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - March 16, 2018
BASF goes green in Canada
BASF has partnered with Bullfrog Power to provide green electricity for its Canadian corporate headquarters in Ontario as well as production facilities in Ontario, Alberta, Quebec, and Saskatoon.
Windpower Engineering reported that the agreement between the two companies ensures that 100% renewable electricity is put onto the grid to match the amount of conventional electricity being used at BASF’s Canadian corporate headquarters and its Bullfrog-powered production facilities. Through this commitment, BASF will reduce its CO2 emissions footprint by approximately 1,520 metric tons per year.
"Through the partnership with Bullfrog Power, BASF is reducing its environmental impact and supporting an innovative approach to growing Canada’s renewable energy industry," said Marcelo Lu, President of BASF Canada. "BASF wants to contribute to a world that provides a viable future with enhanced quality of life for everyone. Partnering with Bullfrog Power means BASF is helping to support community renewable energy projects across Canada."
Bullfrog’s green electricity across Canada comes from a blend of wind and low-impact hydropower sourced from new Canadian renewable energy facilities. "BASF’s partnership signifies that manufacturers in the supply chain increasingly see energy as a key input when making their products more sustainable," said Ron Seftel, CEO, Bullfrog Power. "As a global leader and major chemistry company in Canada, BASF is taking a proactive approach to addressing climate change by proactively committing to renewable electricity at its Canadian sites."
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness