Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement, Sourcing Renewables - March 27, 2018
FedEx orders Tesla Semi electric trucks
FedEx announced on Mar. 26 that it has placed a reservation for 20 Tesla semi fully-electric trucks. The trucks, scheduled to begin production in 2019 will be operated by FedEx Freight, its less-than-truckload unit.
"FedEx has a long history of innovation and incorporating sustainability efforts throughout its global network,” said Mike Drucker, FedEx Freight president and CEO, in a statement from the company. "Our investment in these trucks is part of our commitment to improving road safety while also reducing our environmental impact.”
Tesla noted that these trucks provide electric energy costs savings that are half that of diesel. The trucks also offer advanced technologies to increase safety, including surround cameras and onboard sensors, enhanced autopilot, and lane departure warnings
FedEx reported that since 2008, the company has saved more than 158 million gallons of vehicle fuel by replacing vehicles with more efficient models and making greater use of electric vehicles, fuel cells, natural gas, hybrids and clean truck technologies.
- Apple, IKEA, Tesla among climate policy leaders
- City Furniture to add Tesla Semi trucks
- Tesla energy storage up, solar down
- Tesla bids for world’s largest battery system
- Tesla begins construction on Gigafactory 1 solar array
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Cargill, Ardent Mills complete agreement with Texas solar farm
- Smart Energy Voices Podcast Digs Deep with Industry Movers and Shakers
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?