Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, Sourcing Renewables - April 2, 2018
2018 Energy Star Award winners announced
The 2018 Energy Star Awards were announced by the EPA, recognizing a total of 163 winners among businesses and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency achievements.
The EPA noted that the "winners lead their industries in the production and sale of energy-efficient products and services, and in the development and adoption of strategies that provide substantial energy and money savings in the buildings where we live and work." Winners were selected from a network of thousands of Energy Star partners.
Partner of the Year for Energy Management recognized businesses and organizations that demonstrate their commitment to environmental protection through superior energy management, particularly by integrating and promoting ENERGY STAR tools and resources within their energy management program. Applications are evaluated in the categories are energy management practices, communication strategies, and demonstration of energy savings. Among the winners this year were Atrium Health, Bimbo Bakeries USA, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Marathon Petroleum Corporation, and The Kroger Co.
Partners who have received Energy Star recognition for multiple years and "have gone above and beyond the criteria needed to qualify for recognition" are honored with the award for Sustained Excellence. Companies receiving awards for Sustained Excellence in the category of Energy Management included Allergan, Bristol-Myers Squibb, CalPortland Company, CBRE Group, Inc., Celanese Corporation, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Corning Incorporated, Cushman & Wakefield, Eastman, Food Lion LLC, General Motors Company, Hanesbrands Inc., Intertape Polymer Corporation, J.C. Penney Company, Inc., JLL, Kilroy Realty Corporation, Kohl’s Department Stores, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Nissan North America, Inc., Raytheon Company, Sears Holdings Corporation, SL Green Realty Corporation, Staples the Office Superstore, LLC, Target Corporation, The Boeing Company, Tishman Speyer, Verizon, and Vornado Realty Trust.
- Energy Star Awarded to 93 Plants
- 2021 ENERGY STAR Award Winners Announced
- ENERGY STAR’s Certification: The Path to a More Efficient Data Center
- 2019 ENERGY STAR Award Winners
- EPA awards Energy Star to 100 plants
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness