Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Regulation - April 3, 2018
Apple, IKEA, Tesla among climate policy leaders
Apple, Ikea, Tesla, and Unilever are among the top 20 companies cited in the “A-List of Climate Policy Engagement” report of those leading in strategic lobbying for the ambitions of the Paris Agreement around the world.
According to a report by Edie, the highest-performing companies are those advocating for strong and ambitious policies aiming to reduce GHG emissions. The leading companies, ranked by InfluenceMap, “must showcase sectoral leadership, be vocal in calling for ambitious policies and must align these calls with their own strategic activities.”
Apple, with a total score of 94, was chosen, in part, for their strong renewables policy in the U.S. and elsewhere. Tesla was cited for “advocating strongly for EV policy.” IKEA’s strategic mission to advocate for climate policy on a global basis was highlighted in the report. Unilever was lauded for the involvement of Paul Polman, chief executive, in providing a strong message and stance towards climate action.
In addition to the top 20, an additional list of “20 in Contention” is included, featuring Microsoft, Nissan, and Walmart. InfluenceMap expects to update the list bi-annually.
- HP, IKEA, Unilever among 1st EV100 members
- IKEA, Lidl, and more pledge new sustainability goals
- Tesla bids for world’s largest battery system
- IKEA Sustainability Summary Report
- Tesla begins construction on Gigafactory 1 solar array
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Verizon, Saint-Gobain ink agreements with 250 MW wind farm
- Illinois plans clean energy overhaul
- Google retroactively offsets all carbon since founding
- Cargill adds 10 new projects to RE portfolio
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset