Energy Efficiency, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - April 10, 2018
Bloomberg joins GM at HillTopper wind farm
Bloomberg LP has signed a PPA for the 185-MW HillTopper wind farm, joining General Motors, which signed their PPA for the project in Sept. 2017. Construction on the Logan County, Ill. project began this week by Enel Green Power North America, which acquired the wind farm from developer Swift Current Energy.
According to a report by Clean Technica, HillTopper is expected to generate around 570 GWh upon completion later this year. Bloomberg’s PPA secures 17 MW that will go towards supporting its target of becoming 100% RE by 2025, while GM will purchase 100 MW to support its manufacturing facilities in Ohio and Indiana.
"Our agreement to buy energy from the HillTopper project reflects our commitment to sustainable business practices that benefit our bottom line," said Michael Barry, head of sustainable business operations at Bloomberg. "This new wind farm puts additional renewable energy onto the grid, creates good jobs in the local community and will help to reduce carbon emissions."
"Our agreement with HillTopper is part of our strategy to generate or source all electrical power for our global operations with 100 percent renewable energy by 2050," added Rob Threlkeld, global manager of renewable energy at GM. "When the turbines come online later this year, we will be 20 percent of the way to our goal."
- Driving Energy Efficiency in the Industry – Seven Years and Counting
- GM and Switch partner on MI green tariff
- GM signs on for EV fast charger network
- General Motors and L'Oréal USA SWAP for energy efficiency
- GM unveils 100MW wind project in Ohio
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report