Energy Efficiency, Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - May 9, 2018
Visa goes 100% RE at corporate campus
Visa’s corporate campus in Foster City, California is committing to transition to 100% renewable energy as the company has enrolled in the ECO100 program from San Mateo County’s official electricity supplier Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE).
Solar Power World reported that Visa’s enrollment will prevent between 1,400 to 1,800 tons of greenhouse gases from entering the atmosphere compared to conventional energy sources. "Visa is proud to lead in the transition to 100 percent renewable electricity in San Mateo County," said Douglas Sabo, vice president and head of corporate responsibility and philanthropy at Visa Inc. "Our enrollment in ECO100 will help us meet our goal of transitioning to 100 percent renewable electricity use across our global operations by the end of 2019 and is another example of delivering on our promise to operate responsibly, ethically and sustainably."
"The decision by Visa to enroll in the Peninsula Clean Energy ECO100 product helps make Visa a corporate leader in the transition to renewable energy,” said CEO Jan Pepper of Peninsula Clean Energy. “Visa is one of our biggest customers, and its choice to go 100% renewable is an important indicator of its environmental commitment to our communities."
- Visa issues inaugural $500M green bond
- 300+ U.S. businesses lobby Congress for climate issues
- Visa achieves 2020 goal of 100% RE
- Visa sets 100% RE Goal for 2019
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Corporate PPAs to account for 20% of new RE generation in the U.S. by 2030
- The Home Depot inks PPA with solar + storage in Texas
- Keynotes and Presenting Sponsor Announced for Virtual RE Forum/Winter Edition
- GM inks PPA with 180 MW Arkansas solar project
- Navigating the Energy Transition
- Finding Balance: The Yin and Yang of Sustainable Energy Management
- Driving Resiliency Through Your Organization's Energy Infrastructure
- Preparing for the Energy Transition, Part 2: Long-Term Decarbonization Strategies
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Summer Edition