Energy Efficiency, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - May 23, 2018
Facebook signs wind PPA in Norway
Facebook has signed a 15-year PPA for 100% of the output from the Bjerkreim cluster of wind farms in southwest Norway. The 294 MW of capacity from the three contiguous wind projects included in the group is projected to add more than one million MW hours of renewable energy to the Nordic grid each year.
A report in Wind Power Engineering noted that the projects will consist of 70 wind turbines, which are expected to be operational at the end of 2019. The report said, "Facebook’s PPAs reportedly will provide the long-term financial certainty needed for the projects, which comprise an aggregate investment exceeding 400 million Euros." The projects will be financed, constructed, and operated by Luxcara as part of a portfolio of renewable energy assets for institutional investors managed by the firm.
Calling the PPA "our largest European renewable energy solution to date," Vince Van Son, Facebook’s commercial director for energy and infrastructure, said, "Facebook is committed to bringing new supplies of renewable energy to the electric grid not only to support our facilities but to encourage the growth of clean and renewable resources."
"We are very happy to have entered into an agreement with such a strong corporate partner. Facebook’s engagement gives proof to Luxcara’s commitment to making renewable energy the most attractive option in every regard for our partners," said Dr. Alexandra von Bernstorff, managing partner of Luxcara.
- Facebook plans six solar projects to power data centers in Oregon
- Facebook signs wind PPA in Indiana
- BYD and Buffet form e-bus venture
- Facebook plans new data center in Alabama
- Facebook signs green tariff for Utah data center
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business
- White paper: Demand-Side Energy Management in the U.S. Manufacturing Industrial Sector
- DE Forum Presentation: How Cinemark makes DERs work, both as a property owner and a tenant
- DE Forum Presentation: Charting a course for DERs at Tyson
- Green Lease Leader: Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building